Our Vision & Mission
Welcome to St Mary MacKillop College Canberra, formerly known as MacKillop Catholic College, a co-educational school for Years 7 - 12 students located in the Tuggeranong Valley. The College operates under the governance of the Catholic Education Office of the Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn.
There are two campuses approximately five kilometres apart. Students in Years 7 - 9 are based on the Wanniassa Campus while students in Years 10 - 12 are based on the Isabella Campus.
The College motto is "Faith and Courage" which reflects and honours Saint Mary MacKillop after whom the College is named.
The College is open to all families who are willing to support the Catholic ethos and the educational, behavioural and uniform requirements of the College.
St Mary MacKillop College is a dynamic welcoming community based on gospel values.
It is a learning environment where excellence in education is valued.
Members of the community are nurtured and empowered to face the future with faith and courage.
St Mary MacKillop College is a Christian community. We are committed to excellence in teaching and learning, the support of family life, and the enrichment of all our people.
The curriculum at St Mary MacKillop College is undertaken in an environment where each person is valued and respected as an individual whose personal growth is of paramount importance.
The curriculum provides excellence in education by:
- Teaching and fostering Christian ideals
- Ensuring that learning is relevant, rigorous, inclusive and accessible for all
- Developing the skills and desire for individual life-long learning
- Empowering students to take responsibility for their decisions
- Building students' self-confidence and self-esteem through success
- Encouraging critical thinking, innovation and challenging of assumptions
- Enabling students to understand how they learn
- Emphasising the development of spiritual, intellectual, emotional, physical and creative capacities
Our staff fulfil the role of teacher, mentor, carer, guide and challenger. They help to motivate students and develop in them a love of learning.