Enrolment Information Sessions & Dates
Please note the following important dates:
- Year 7 2018 Information Night: Monday 1 May from 6.30pm @The Wanniassa Campus (Mackinnon Street, Wanniassa). Includes a presentation and tours of campus.
- Try MacKillop Day: Friday 5 May @The Wanniassa Campus (Mackinnon Street, Wanniassa) during school hours. REGISTER NOW!
- Year 11 2018 Information Night: Wednesday 10 May from 6pm @The Isabella Campus (Ellerston Avenue, Isabella Plains). Includes the Careers Expo and Curriculum Stalls.
- First day of enrolment period: Monday 1 May 2017. Enrolment forms will be accepted from this date.
- Final day of enrolment period: All enrolment forms for Year 7 2018 are due to the College by 4pm on Friday 19 May. Enrolment forms (new students) and Student Intention Forms (current students) for Year 11 2018 are due to the College by 4pm on Friday 2 June.
Who can enrol?
St Mary MacKillop College Canberra is a diocesan school administered on behalf of the Catholic Education Office in Canberra, Australia.
Enrolments are accepted from the South Canberra, Weston Creek, Woden Valley, Tuggeranong, regions of Canberra, and from Queanbeyan, Jerrabomberra and surrounding NSW areas. The College also endeavours to provide places for families seeking enrolment from interstate and overseas.
The primary Enrolment Period for the College is during the month of May for students wishing to start Year 7 or 11 the following year.
During this time, the College holds a series of Information Sessions for prospective students to experience MacKillop ahead of making their decision.
Enrolments for year groups other than Year 7 and Year 11 are accepted throughout the year. Places are offered subject to availability.
How do I enrol?
Families interested in enrolling at MacKillop should download an Application form, the Enrolment Information Pack, and the MacKillop Prospectus.
For students wishing to enter Year 7 or 11 for the following year, forms will need to be handed in during the enrolment period with suitable documentation. Forms handed in after the deadline may cause the application to be added to a waiting list.
With every application, the College requires a birth certificate, baptismal certificate (if applicable), a copy of the latest report card, and immunisation records.
Once forms have been handed in, the application will be assessed using the Catholic Education Office Enrolment Policy.
For the main Enrolment Period, letters of offer are generally sent out in June and must be returned to secure your spot at the College.
For all other enrolments, places will be offered subject to availability. If there are no places available, the application will join a waiting list.