Enrolment Information Sessions & Dates
Please note the following important dates:
- Year 7 2020 Information Night: Monday 6 May from 6.30pm @The Padua Campus (Mackinnon Street, Wanniassa). Includes a presentation and tours of campus.
- Try MacKillop Day: Friday 10 May @The Padua Campus (Mackinnon Street, Wanniassa) during school hours. Register Now!
- Year 11 2020 Information Night: Wednesday 15 May from 4.30-7pm @The St Peter's Campus (Ellerston Avenue, Isabella Plains) with a presentation at 6pm. Includes the Careers Expo and Curriculum Stalls.
- Final day of enrolment period: Friday 31 May 2019.
For information about the school, please view our College Prospectus, Fees Schedule, and other useful information:
How to Enrol
You can enrol at St Mary MacKillop College by completing a web-based application form. This form is a Catholic Education Form and you will need to indicate that you wish to enrol at St Mary MacKillop College.
To complete the application, you will need to submit the following information:
- Birth certificate (not commemorative) or passport
- Certificate of Baptism (if applicable)
- Family Law, Personal Protection Order or Other Relevant Court Orders (if applicable)
- Last report from previous school
- Student's immunisation records
- Visa grant notice for permanent and temporary visa-holders (if applicable) – for both student and parent(s) / legal guardian(s), including passport copies of parents
- Any medical reports and/or other assessment reports for students with additional learning needs (if applicable)
If you submit your application online, you will receive an email with the completed application. Please ensure this document is signed accordingly (all relevant legal guardians and parents) and returned to the College.
After submission (either online or in person) the College will contact you to inform the outcome of your application. Successful applicants will then receive an offer letter together with a ‘Parent Commitment Contract’ which needs to be signed by the student’s parents/legal guardians.
For the main Enrolment Period, offers are generally sent out in late June.
Frequently Asked Enrolment Questions
Q: Who can enrol?
A: St Mary MacKillop College Canberra is a diocesan school administered on behalf of the Catholic Education Office in Canberra, Australia. Enrolments are accepted from the South Canberra, Weston Creek, Woden Valley, Tuggeranong, regions of Canberra, and from Queanbeyan, Jerrabomberra and surrounding NSW areas. The College also endeavours to provide places for families seeking enrolment from interstate and overseas.
Q: How exactly do I enrol?
A: For students wishing to enter Year 7 or 11 for the following year, forms will need to be handed in during the enrolment period with suitable documentation. Forms handed in after the deadline may cause the application to be added to a waiting list.
A form can be completed online or a pdf form can be downloaded, completed, and submitted.
With every application, the College requires a birth certificate, baptismal certificate (if applicable), a copy of the latest report card, and immunisation records.
Once forms have been handed in, the application will be assessed using the Catholic Education Office Enrolment Policy.
Q: When is the Enrolment Period?
A: The primary Enrolment Period for the College is during the month of May for students wishing to start Year 7 or 11 the following year. In 2019, the Enrolment Period for Year 7 and Year 11 2020 is 6-31 May 2019.
During this time, the College holds a series of Information Sessions for prospective students to experience MacKillop ahead of making their decision.
Enrolment forms may be handed in before the Enrolment Period but are due before the end of Enrolment Period or they will automatically be placed on a waiting list.
Q: What if I want to enrol my student for the current year?
A: Enrolment applications for students who wish to commence immediately are accepted throughout the year. Places are offered subject to availability. If there are no places available, the application will join a waiting list.