Enrolment Information Sessions & Dates
St Mary MacKillop College is accepting enrolments for Year 7 2022 and Year 11 2022. We are also accepting enrolments for the 2021 school year, but places are limited and there are waiting lists for some year groups.
The College is currently planning to hold the following Enrolment Information Sessions. These dates or events may change depending on COVID protocols and restrictions:
- Monday 3 May: MacKillop Open Day
- Friday 7 May: Try MacKillop Day for current Year 6 students.
- Wednesday 12 May: Year 11 2022 Information Night, 5.15-7pm
- Friday 28 May: Enrolment Period closes. Applications for Year 7 2022 are due by this date.
- Friday 25 June: Year 11 2022 applications are due by this date.
- Friday 23 July: Enrolment acceptance due for first round Year 7 2022 offers.
For further information about the school, please view our College Prospectus, Fees Schedule, and other useful information:
How to Enrol
To enrol at St Mary MacKillop College, applicants must be completed online. No forms will be accepted at either Campus or via email.
A non-refundable $100 lodgement fee is payable at the time of application.
To complete the application, you will need to submit the following information:
- Birth certificate (not commemorative) or passport
- Certificate of Baptism (if applicable)
- Family Law, Personal Protection Order or Other Relevant Court Orders (if applicable)
- Most recent school report
- Most recent NAPLAN results (Year 5 OR Years 7/9 if you are applying for older year groups)
- Visa grant notice for permanent and temporary visa-holders (if applicable) – for both student and parent(s) / legal guardian(s), including passport copies of parents
- Any medical reports and/or other assessment reports for students with additional learning needs (if applicable)
When you submit your application online, you will receive an email with the completed application. Please ensure this document is signed accordingly (all relevant legal guardians and parents) and returned to the College.
Once offers are ready to be made, the College will contact you to inform the outcome of your application. Successful applicants will then receive an offer letter together with a ‘Parent Commitment Agreement’ which needs to be signed by the student’s parents/legal guardians.
For the main Enrolment Period, offers are generally sent out in late June.
A $50 acceptance fee will apply to families who wish to accept and secure their place. Please note this payment is non-refundable.
Frequently Asked Enrolment Questions
Q: Who can enrol?
A: St Mary MacKillop College Canberra is a diocesan school administered on behalf of the Catholic Education Office in Canberra, Australia. Enrolments are accepted from the South Canberra, Weston Creek, Woden Valley, Tuggeranong, regions of Canberra, and from Queanbeyan, Jerrabomberra and surrounding NSW areas. The College also endeavours to provide places for families seeking enrolment from interstate and overseas.
Q: How exactly do I enrol?
A: For students wishing to enter Year 7 or 11 for the following year, applications will need to be submitted during the enrolment period with suitable documentation. Applications that are submitted after the deadline may cause the application to be added to a waiting list.
Applications must now be completed online and a $100 lodgement fee is due at the time of submission.
With every application, the College requires a birth certificate, baptismal certificate (if applicable), a copy of the latest report card, the latest NAPLAN results, and immunisation records.
Applications will be assessed and categorised using the Catholic Education (Canberra and Goulburn) Enrolment Policy.
Q: When is the Enrolment Period?
A: The primary Enrolment Period for the College is during the month of May for students wishing to start Year 7 or 11 the following year.
During this time, the College holds a series of Information Sessions for prospective students to experience MacKillop ahead of making their decision.
Enrolment applications may be submitted before the Enrolment Period but are due before the end of Enrolment Period or they will automatically be placed on a waiting list.
Q: What if I want to enrol my student for the current year?
A: Enrolment applications for students who wish to commence immediately are accepted throughout the year. Places are offered subject to availability. If there are no places available, the application will join a waiting list.